Sunday, November 1, 2009

Xtabi food, yum!

Xtabi has it going on in the food department. One day I took a friend along with me on the short walk from Samsara to Xtabi resort. It was nearing lunch time but I hadn't had breakfast and that is what I was wanting. I asked if I could still order breakfast, and got a "ya mon, no problem." Having already had my fill of Jamaican breakfasts (which I love) I knew immediately what I wanted after a glance at the menu. Lobster eggs Benedict. With that first bite, my world changed. Benedict will never ever be the same for me--it was so so good. My friend ordered the Jamaican breakfast and also wanted a hamburger (big guy, big appetite). No worries, I was still way under budget since I had been mostly eating fruit, veggies, cheese, coco bread and other low cost snacks, so we splurged. I tasted the hamburger, it was great--I would get that again if I needed a break from Jamaican fare. The fries dipped in Grace ketchup mixed with hot sauce were sublime, they were crisp, not soggy, just how I like them. 


The food spread below:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

No comments:

Post a Comment