Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sweet River

Sweet river was swweeet. After we picked up the best lobster curry ever--we were looking out for a place to stop and eat. We drove past a nice spot on Sweet River and Michael pointed it out to me as we drove by--mentioning that we probably didn't have time to stop and swim since we were en route to the airport and I needed to get there a couple of hours early for the flight. Well, by this time had a couple of red stripes and could smell the fragrant curry in the car and the thought of going past the river without slipping into its cool clear water was just too much. I told him to turn the car around and go back--changed into my suit, and took the lobster and beers and some rum n ting out for a picnic/swim fest. I told Michael to forget the flight--I was already paying a change fee--so we'd just pull up to the airport late and I would have them put me on the flight for the next day. Well that plan backfired--but more on that later.

Sweet river--the water was cold and clean, so clean. When you would get a mouthful when swimming it tasted good--the water really was sweet. Some photos:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload



At Sweet River, there were a couple of kids--well actually teenagers--there swimming when we got there--we shared the swimming hole with them. There was a rock underwater that you could stand on and then dive in upstream. They started a challenge/game of who could dive in against current, swim underwater and come up furthest upstream. Once you dove in and swam (the current was hard and fast, so hard to make headway) as far as you could underwater, you came up and stood in that spot to mark it while the others competed to try to get past your spot. Michael had the contest in the bag, he is 6'5 (a foot taller than me and the kids) and a natural swimmer). I surprised the youth by beating them (not bad for a old lady from foreign) but try as I would--I couldn't pass Michael's mark. The photos of Michael and the kids in the stream are in the midst of the game while I was taking a time out. It was fun, it reminded me of the underwater games me and my friends played when I was a kid. More photos

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload


No comments:

Post a Comment